Saturday, May 23, 2009

Surprises from Adelyn!!

So, here is my cute little slugger Adelyn. She really loves sports and was having a great time when softball season rolled around. She was a little nervous when we played catch, but I figured she just needed to get more used to it. She seemed to really love batting and I even took her to the batting cages to practice. She always hesitated right when the ball shot out, but I told her to keep working on it and not to be scared of the ball and she would do great.

Well, her first two games came. The first game, she was only up once and she struck out. Before the second game, we practiced lots, and she had two great hits down the first base line...meaning she was swinging a little late, but it was all good.

After the second game, I took the girls in for their annual eye exam. Haley has glasses, but Adelyn was 20/20 at her exam last year. Long story short, Adelyn is now 20/80. The doctor said she couldn't believe Adelyn ever hit the ball at all. I couldn't believe that she could change that drastically that quick.
So, here is my cutie in her new glasses. She just had her third game, and on the first pitch had a great hit down the third base line. The coach was pretty surprised. Adelyn said that she can't believe how clear everything is now. She thought the trees were supposed to be a little fuzzy, but now they look great!!

No comments: